At stake will be Ricky Burns' WBO Lightweight title.
The average fan can be sure when they hear that famous trademarked phrase "Let's get ready to rumble", they are watching a marque fight.
Those words are synonymous with boxing.
In reference to Buffer's presence at the bout, Ricky Burns told the Dailyrecord.co.uk:
"Buffer's a legend. It's unbelievable he'll be introducing me in the biggest fight of my career."
Michael Buffer also seems excited by the prospect of Glasgow faithful turning up to cheer their man on.
"Forget about Las Vegas or Madison Square Garden as I expect nothing less than a roaring crowd and a great fight. I'm still a fight fan and still love the energy of a big-time event like this one."
Michael Buffer, 67, has seen a lot and clearly knows a lot. He knows this fight is huge and the fans' anticipation and excitement is certainly justifiable.
The 29 year old Ricky Burns (34-2, 9 KO) is one of boxing's nice guys. He is a family man who is respectful to every opponent and never sidesteps anyone. He trains hard and is a model professional.
Burns has spent a long time in the shadows of boxing and has patiently waited for quite some time to receive the credit he deserves. Will a victory over Mitchell finally give Burns the respect that's eluded him?
I'm a big fan of Kevin Mitchell (33-1, 24 KO) whose aggressive style is always admirable - But his shock defeat to Michael Katsidis in May 2010 revealed some technical vulnerabilities. His flaws, combined with the fact he's facing a high volume puncher, will leave fans on the edge of their seats.
Mitchell's primary weakness against Katsidis was a lack of training and problems in his personal life. After Katsidis stopped him, Mitchell, now 27, allegedly went on a drinking binge for over a year, but is now in a good place. He is seemingly a different, much-improved man altogether.
With the clever boxing of Burns and the aggressive style of Mitchell, this is a true 'pick 'em' fight.
I like both men and expect them to give a good account of themselves.
Who will win Burns vs Mitchell? It will boil down to one question: Can Burns box better than Mitchell can brawl?
Burns vs Mitchell will be televised live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
Michael Buffer Facts
- Buffer was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- He held various jobs including a car salesman, then began a modeling career at age 32 before becoming a ring announcer at age 38 in 1982
- Buffer was the exclusive ring announcer for World Championship Wrestling (WCW) main events featuring Hulk Hogan or other top WCW talent until 2001, when the organization folded.
- Michael Buffer is currently the announcer for all HBO and RTL (Germany) boxing matches, along with Versus matches promoted by Top Rank.
- His brother, Bruce, is the announcer for UFC
- In 2008 Buffer was treated for throat cancer
Mike Havey is a boxing writer from Portsmouth, England. He contributes for FightSaga and boxingnews24.com, and helps run Fight Network.