Hayden Panettiere and Wladimir Klitschko Engaged?Written by Lee Cleveland
But apparently, they remained close friends and not surprisingly seemingly got back together a few months ago.
And now... wedding bells?
But shhh, its supposed to be a secret.
"Very few people know, and she (Hayden Panettiere) isn't wearing her ring publicly yet," a source told Us Weekly, which reported the news Wednesday.
Not only is the engagement not official, there's been no confirmation the two are even an item again. However, they were spotted in January and March displaying a lot of PDA in the form of kissing and giggling so its safe to surmise they are more than just buds, despite Ms. Hayden Panettiere's decree.
"We've been friends for five years now, so we're just good buddies," Panettiere told TMZ earlier this year.
Panettiere, who has presumably dated "Heroes" costar Milo Ventimiglia and "One Tree Hill" star Stephen Colletti, broke-up with her latest bo, former New York Jets player Scotty McKnight, in December after dating the wide receiver 18 months.
Us Weekly's source insists the 6'6" Klitschko will marry the 5'2" Panettiere this summer.
However, Wladimir Klitschko (59-3, 50 KO's) has a fight early this summer. The Ukrainian will defend his many titles and coveted lineal status against unbeaten Francesco Pianeta (28-0-1, 15 KO's) on May 4th at the SAP-Arena in Mannheim, Germany.
Perhaps this is why Wladimir is exercising his voluntary defense option instead of facing a top 10 opponent?
Not only will Wlad have a clear advantage technically, Pianeta isn't a major threat in terms of punching power as only 51% of his fights have ended in a knockout.
And while a 51% knockouts-to-fights ratio is certainly nothing to be ashamed of, it should be noted he scored knockouts in 7 of his first 8 bouts so Pianeta hasn't exactly been heavy-handed in recent years.
Perhaps after the wedding Wladimir Klitschko will take it up a notch or two against the likes of Kubrat Pulev (17-0, 9 KO), Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17 KO) and/or Tyson Fury (20-0, 14 KO)?
Who is Hayden Panettiere?
The seemingly soon-to-be Hayden Panettiere-Klitschko began her acting career as a child in several then-popular American soap operas before starring at age 10 as Sheryl Yoast in the Disney feature film Remember the Titans.
Hayden's biggest role to date is that of cheerleader Claire Bennet on the NBC series Heroes (2006–2010), for which she received a few awards.
She's was also in Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy and Scream 4.
In October 2012, she began starring as Juliette Barnes in the ABC musical drama series Nashville, for which she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film in 2012.
Hayden Panettiere Facts
Courtesy of IMDb
- Began her acting career at 11 months, appearing in commercials
- Has appeared in over 50 commercials.
- 2000: Childstarlets.com's Actress of the Year.
- Appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992) on December 30, 1998.
- Hobbies include singing, dancing, horseback riding, gymnastics, and swimming.
- Her last name is pronounced "Pan-Uh-Tee-Air-Ee"; the Italian translation is "Baker".
- Had a partnership with United States Postal Inspection Service and the National Center For Missing And Exploited Children in a campaign against online predators, called 2 SMRT 4U.
- Has two dogs, Penny Lane and Madison.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $2 million.
- She is the second-ever recipient of The Wyler Award (which honors a celebrity who has raised awareness of animal issues) for her on-the-ground work to expose Japan's slaughter of dolphins.
- Voted #5 in FHM 100 Sexiest 2008.
- Voted #6 in FHM 100 Sexiest 2007.
- Ranked #13 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Ranked #1 on Wizard magazine's "Sexiest Women of TV" list (March 2008).
Main pic courtesy of JustJared
Lee is Managing Editor of FightSaga.com, a student of the Sweet Science and longtime boxing fan.
A gym rat in the 1990s, Lee was trained by 1976 Olympic Silver Medalist Charles Mooney and several retired seasoned pros. He was also a sparring partner for former WBA Super Middleweight Champion Steve Little who upset Michael Nunn for the WBA Super Middleweight Title in '94.
Lee created FightSaga.com to honor and preserve boxing's rich heritage, chronicle the achievements of top fighters, celebrate the legacy of big fights and provide a fun, educational experience for fight fans.